Southfield Primary School welcomes you
Southfield Primary is an English medium school catering for the needs of English speaking learners from Grade R to Grade 7. Learners must be within 18 months of the average age of the rest of the class for enrolment. Although learners living within the boundaries of Southfield are given preference, applications from outside the area are readily considered.
Although English speaking learners are given preference for enrollment, learners whose home language is any one of the other official languages will be considered. The National Education Department’s language exemption policy accommodates these learners. Bridging classes, on an informal basis, are given, after hours, to help these learners. We now cater for foreign language learners as well. Please note that learners may be tested before admission is granted.
Depending on income, parents can apply for a reduction or exemption of school fees. Application needs to be made on a yearly basis. Please contact the school for further details.
FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ANNUALLY, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE GOVERNING BODY.
We realise that parents wish to communicate with teachers about their children. Parents are always welcome to speak to the staff or me. It is, however, very necessary that an appointment is made so that no inconvenience is caused. You may not visit the classrooms during school hours without permission from the office.
- The school has one computer lab with 20 new computers. Learners from gr.4 to gr. 7 receive Computer Literacy, Mathematics and English tuition weekly. The foundation phase has it's own computer room where learners from Gr. R to Gr. 3 receive tuition. There is no additional cost for computers.
- LIBRARY FACILITIES
- EXTRA MURAL ACTIVITIES
- ATHLETICS (1st and 4th terms)
- CRICKET (1st and 4th terms)
- VOLLEY BALL
- NETBALL (2nd and 3rd terms)
- SOCCER (2nd and 3rd terms)
- BALLROOM & LATIN DANCING
- RECORDER LESSONS
- MUSIC - KEYBOARD; GUITAR AND DRUMS